Button it


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Note to Self: when there's not a door there is atleast a window!

It's been a while since I've blogged! I've been extremely busy & hey let's face it not to many people read this anyways, so it's not like it matters. I wish I lived a more exciting life and had more exciting things to blog about, alas I do not.

Well since the last post SO much has happened. A door hasn't opened exactly, but several windows are! I guess we'll start with the job situation, aka Open Window #1!
I've had several interviews, 3 with Lexington Medical Center alone, for a position in their child development center. I've had a phone interview (and hope to hear soon about a face to face interview soon) with Colonial Life for a Traning Assistant position. I have another interview this afternoon with Palmetto Health in their corporate office for an Administrative Coordinator position. So all prayers are accepted and much appreciated! :D

Open Window #2: Met someone, and by someone I mean someone of the male variety! ;) For those of you who don't know, I stepped out of my comfort zone and put myself on eHarmony for the past 2 months. Actually the 2nd month wasn't on purpose, it automatically renewed and I was actually aggravated and didn't even get on it for the first 2 weeks of my second month. Then one day, Sept. 9, I was sent a communication from a guy who was 29 and lived in Columbia and I answered it. Best decision I've made recently! :D We communicated through eHarmony, facebook, and phone until we decided to meet on Sept. 19. Our first date was so much fun, we went to Greek Festival in dwn town cola, then went to the river walk, then ate dinner at Harpers in 5pts, then walked around USC's campus. What a great day to remember! We clicked right off, had many things in common and knew we had a "connection." Apprently eHarmony can work! :) We met for dinner on Tuesday the 21st, hung out again on Thursday the 23rd, and Saturday the 25. Sunday we went to church together and met each others families, mainly so my parents didn't think he was some weirdo off the internet! ;) We are becoming great friends and enjoy each other's company. I already so thankful to Christ for bringing him into my life, he's definately been a bright light in all this craziness of job searching and being heart broken about certain situations in recent months. I appreciate his friendship and genuine kindness daily!

On another note: 2 weekends ago I went to Rock Hill and visited with friends and went to my sorority reunion! Such a fun weekend seeing old friends & being at Winthrop. Made me miss college, or rather my college social life! Also spent time with friends who weren't in sorority but who are some of my most treasured friends. It was great to catch up and I can't wait to see them for Halloween weekend! :D

Other fun happenings coming up: FALL IS HERE!!! I couldn't be more excited! I decorated my house last saturday and it warmed my soul! There is just something majestic about this time of year that renews my spirit. With fall comes the SC State Fair, I hope to go to the fair one night with Glenn, but I'm going 2 other times to 2 concerts, Miranda Lambert (Oct. 15) & Darius Rucker (Oct. 24)! Excited about that!! :D I'm headed to Clemson this weekend to watch the tigers play in 75 degree weather, wearing orange, surrounded by an amazing crowd! Super excited!

Life is finally looking up and I have Christ to graciously thank for opening the windows. I am so blessed by everything he's given me, I know from all that's happened I had to learn something, still attempting to figure out the specifics of what that is exactly, but patience, trust and faith are a few of the things I've learned from it. God has always tested my patience and this is just another layer. I've had to put my trust in Him so much lately to know that everything is going to work itself out and finally I will eternally have faith in Him for making the impossible, possible. I can do all things through Him who give me strength.

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear your voice in your writing...it's like I can actually hear you saying it :) I'm glad certain windows turned into doors for you!!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete