Button it


Friday, August 20, 2010

Note to Self: turn over a leaf every so often

so apparently although i have a 4 yr college degree i am not smart enough to figure out how to create a cute blog! :/ i've created the blog because i am going through some serious changes in my life right now, and life could get interesting in the next few months, so why not blog about it.

previous to now (post college life) i thought my life was "set." boy, was i wrong. i went from having a great job, a sweet boyfriend, and having most of my future planned out. to having little to nothing. lost my job, lost my boyfriend, lost my future plans. however, i firmly believe Christ is teaching me something through this entire situation in my life.

so far He has taught me to quit "planning" my life, because if i plan it it won't work out because He already has it planned for me. second, he's taught me now more than ever, to put ALL my trust in him.

currently, i am missing my old job. it was easy, it was great, and it involved a small child. i feel beyond blessed to have left her better than i found her, but it breaks my heart to know that she is going through her days without me now and probably wondering why i left. if you've ever seen the nanny diaries, you can only understand a fraction of what i have been through in the past month.

i had to quickly start a rampant job search. i found, applied, & interviewed for a great position as an early interventionist. but they took someone more "experienced." through a staffing agency, i heard of a clerical/administrative position with the SC Commission of Indigent Defense (the office in charge of public defenders) answering phones, filing, etc. it will be a job to make ends me. i start monday. and i'm trying to be positive and think i won't have to just make lemonade out of the lemons i have been handed. because honestly i am just thankful to have a job to go to monday so i can continue to pay bills and live in my house and drive my car and have electricity and water and groceries. geeeeze life is so expensive. & just because you lose your job, doesn't mean life stops!

for right now i am where i am suppose to be. for some reason.

1 Chronicles 4:10 (New International Version)

10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.





No comments:

Post a Comment